Dealing With Content
- Repeat what you want your audience to remember.
- Talk at their level, in their language and terms.
- Avoid using jargon unnessessarily.
- Volunteer opposing points, then offer explanations to disarm them.
Dealing With Equipment
- Prepare for the unexpected.
- Have backups of everything that you absolutely must have.
- Check the microphone volume, lighting level and video connections.
- Familiarize yourself with the remote controls well in advance.
Dealing With Planning
- Create a checklist of everything you need to do and when you need to do it by.
- Make arrangements for travel to and from the venue, equipment, handouts, collateral.
- Talk with MC and meeting planner about content, expectations and logistics well beforehand.
- Don’t wait until the last minute.
Engaging Your Audience
- Look them in the eyes and talk to them in a conversational manner.
- Try to look confident and avoid nervous habits.
- Repeat important information to address kinesthetic, aural and auditory learners.
- Tell personal stories and anecdotes.